Saturday, November 8, 2008

The tooth hurts

Today I spent a soul shattering 70 minutes at the dentist that left me feeling like my tooth had been punched in the face.

Here's a picture my mom took of my inner state when they were drilling into me like an oil field.
















I always think of 2-4-1 Hotdogz in these kind of times. Girl has gotten her entire mouth replaced by now and it is not pleasant.

While I was laying on the chair, two dentists looking over me, I tried to assert my importance by imagining I was a really important alien species they were getting evidence and biological information from.

There's this weird plastic illuminated picture on the ceilings at my dentist office, and they're all of these really cornball Italian villas or gondola scenes. But more than relaxation they provide a reflection of your mouth as they poke it with 20 different implements all performing the same function. I had a weird rubber dental dam over my mouth with a hole for my tooth so the drilled parts of my tooth wouldn't fall into my throat, but I think that's because they want to gauge my comfort with dental dams to see if I've licked any buttholes or I'm being safe about it. Nice try, Linden Hills Dentistry! The only butthole I'M lickin is my own.

No comments: