Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm with the band






















Sitting here whistling and farting (and not to forget, queefing*) has left me asking, must every orifice on my body make such a RACKET!?
Anyway, the sweet music flowing gracefully out of the choice holes on my body reminds me of how whole I feel from listening to music flowing gracefully into the choice holes on my head.

At Long Last:
Here are the Top 9 songs I look up on Youtube because I don't own the album (Think of it as a really terrible, inconvenient mix) In no particular order:

Squeeze- Up the Junction
At the top is a song which my favorite history teacher would play in the morning on his boom box. It's pretty cheesy, but I think because I loved that class I was somehow classically conditioned to link this song with the happy feelings of sitting in that room. I don't care if I've been brainwashed- let's boogie!
Sparks- This town ain't big enough for the both of us
Love the keyboardist. The singer reminds me of an aunt I never had.
Lou Reed- Perfect Day
Perfect song.
Steely Dan- Dirty Work
I'm glad a version popped up where only the album picture is up instead of a series of pictures which are mildly relevant to the content of the lyrics.
Neil Young- Heart of Gold
I recommend reading the accompanying video description. When it comes to putting up videos that are only for the audio, this guy's got it down.
Cynthia Hopkins- some song from "The Success of Failure (or The Failure of Success)"
I saw her performance at the walker under the same name as the album. It was part of a trilogy.... and it's irrelevant. I found this PART of a song on youtube. It's totally corny, but totally my jam. I like her voice, so fuck y'all.
Rod Stewart- Do ya think I'm sexy?
One of my favorite videos. I can't get enough of that Rod Stewart slideshow, and my answer is "yes." I once listened to it on a loop for three hours as I worked on a paper late into the night.
Janet Jackson- Together Again
Ok, I don't look up this one for the song so much as for the legendary video. I remember seeing the part at 3:25 in where Janet Jackson holds herself under a tree somewhere in the African wilderness for the first time as a 9 year old and making a mental note to myself to never rest until I could see that moment again. It's like I saw into the future and understood what a lame asshole I would become. But the song is also booty shakin good. (Plus 1:25 and 2:49 sound a little like the Full House theme song)
Leadbelly- In the Pines
Great song. Don't own any albums. I rented a three disc Leadbelly set from the library but it was soon overdue and I hadn't burned it onto my computer. Another day, another dollar.

Well, these are the 9 songs I've ever listened to in my life. Thank God for the internet, without it, that number might be 8!

*Look out for the upcoming feminist rap star and VJ DJ Queef Latina's new album "Stink in the Pink"

No comments: